Some room owners prefer that everyone who enters must have their web cam turned on. They want to see you, and not some animated graphic or text message. If you don't want to turn your camera on you may want to choose a different room.
You can enable or disable this feature in your own chat room.
- Edit your chat room by going to https:my.paltalk.com then click on the 'edit room' link in the 'my room' section.
- Go to the advanced settings tab on the chat room setup web page.
- In the middle of the page, under the lockword area there are two check boxes.
- 'Members must turn on their web cam to enter' Is where you turn this feature on and off.
- Place a check mark in this box to enable this feature and require web cams to be turned on in your chat room.
- Be sure this box is un-checked if you do NOT want this feature, and anyone can enter web cam or no web cam.
- Scroll down and click the save my changes button